June 18, 2006
June 18, 2006
June 21, 2006
11.132.1 - 11.132.19
System Thinking Design Approach
• Use System Thinking – Getting to your destination the optimum way using only needed resources. o Verbalize the process o Create the mathematical description of your design on hand – which is the mathematical model for your system o Proceed with the final implementation
• Use the power of thinking about your students as a team working towards a common goal. o Assess..Improve…Assess..Improve…Assess… o Create teams…and more teams as needed o Set up high standards o Get Students involved o Bring Joy In the Classroom o Create Healthy Learning Environment o Do Things that were Never Done Before o Make them leaders... true leaders with Love In Their Heart
Create resonance in and outside the classroom - a reservoir of positivism that frees the best in people.
1. Wholeness and the Implicate Order, By David Bohm, ISBN 0-415-28979-3
2. Thought as a System, By David Bohm, ISBN 0-415-11030-0
3. Unfolding Meaning , By David Bohm, ISBN 0-415-13638-5
4. On Creativity, By David Bohm, ISBN 0-415-17396-5
5. The Fifth Discipline – The Art of Practice of Learning Organization, by Peter Senge ISBN- 0- 385-26094
6. “The Engineering Curriculum For 2020: Values, Variability, Improvement and Knowledge” By John Hadjilogiou at the International Conference, “Frontiers In Education-FIE” November 4-8, 2003 at Boulder, Colorado.
Rywalt, M., & Hadjilogiou, J. (2006, June), A System Design Integration Approach (Sdia) Integrated Into The Freshman Year Paper presented at 2006 Annual Conference & Exposition, Chicago, Illinois. 10.18260/1-2--1267
ASEE holds the copyright on this document. It may be read by the public free of charge. Authors may archive their work on personal websites or in institutional repositories with the following citation: © 2006 American Society for Engineering Education. Other scholars may excerpt or quote from these materials with the same citation. When excerpting or quoting from Conference Proceedings, authors should, in addition to noting the ASEE copyright, list all the original authors and their institutions and name the host city of the conference. - Last updated April 1, 2015