Salt Lake City, Utah
June 20, 2004
June 20, 2004
June 23, 2004
9.614.1 - 9.614.5
1. Stren, P.O. Box 700, Dept. BSN, Madison, NC 27025; 1-800-243-9700; www.stren.com
2. Yo-Zuri, 513 N.W. Enterprise Dr., Dept. BSN, Port St. Lucie, FL 34986; 1-888-336-9775; www.yo-zuri.com
3. “Choosing and Using Lines and Knots: with Lefty Kreh” Form No. L00128, 1995, Stren Fishing Lines, Remington Arms Company, Inc., 870 Remington Drive, Madison, North Carolina, 27025
4. Elban, W.L.: Fracture Behavior of Nylon Monofilament Fishing Line, in National Educators’ Workshop: Update 2000, NASA/CP-2001-211029, 2001, pp. 81-112.
5. Elban, W.L., and Frantz, D.L.: Fishing Line Knot Tying Contest: A Freshmen Experience, in National Educators’ Workshop: Update 2001, NASA/CP-2002-211735, 2002, pp. 149-170.
“Choose the Right Fishing Line”, Bassin’, pp. 38-41 on www.ebassin.com
Berkley, 1900 18th St., Dept. BSN, Sprit Lake, IA 51360; 1-877-777-3850; www.purefishing.com
Cajun Line, 3801 Westmore Dr., Dept. BSN, Columbia, SC 29223; 1-800-347-3759; www.cajunline.com
Seaguar, 513 N.W. Enterprise Dr., Dept. BSN, Port St. Lucie, FL 34986; 1-888-336-9775; www.seaguar.com
Silver Thread, 3601 Jenny Lind Road, Dept. BSN, Fort Smith, AR 72901; 1-800-531-1201; www.lurenet.com
Triple Fish, 1240 Commons Ct., Dept. BSN, Clermont, FL 34711; (352) 243-0873; www.TripleFish.net
Kenneth G. and Michael K. Budinski, Engineering Materials: Properties and Selection, Seventh Edition, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey, 2002
Robert L. Mott, Applied Strength of Materials, Fourth Edition, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey, 2002
Biography SARAH LEACH is an assistant professor of MET at Purdue University Elkhart/South Bend. Her primary teaching responsibilities are in materials and applied mechanics. She remains an active member of ASME and ASEE, and serves as the faculty advisor for the local student chapter of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
Proceedings of the 2004 American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference & Exposition Copyright © 2004, American Society for Engineering Education
Leach, S. (2004, June), Fishing For The Best Line: Evaluating Polymers Used In Sport Fishing Paper presented at 2004 Annual Conference, Salt Lake City, Utah. 10.18260/1-2--13615
ASEE holds the copyright on this document. It may be read by the public free of charge. Authors may archive their work on personal websites or in institutional repositories with the following citation: © 2004 American Society for Engineering Education. Other scholars may excerpt or quote from these materials with the same citation. When excerpting or quoting from Conference Proceedings, authors should, in addition to noting the ASEE copyright, list all the original authors and their institutions and name the host city of the conference. - Last updated April 1, 2015